Marantz SA14S1 Reference Super Audio CD Player
Model #: Marantz SA14S1 Reference Super Audio CD Player
UPC #: 699927030650
You will receive: 1 Marantz SA14S1 Reference Super Audio CD Player
The SA-14S1 delivers superb musicality along with the ability to handle a broad range of disc types as well as decoding high resolution audio files from a computer. It's also compatible with the iPod, iPod touch and the iPhone, so you can connect your device directly to the convenient front panel USB port and enjoy pure digital transfer for optimum fidelity. The rugged chassis features our latest center mount disc drive mechanism, mounted onto its own sub-chassis to minimize vibrations, and the disc tray is constructed of highly rigid glass fiber reinforced plastic composite for operational stability and reliability. Our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) technologies ensure top fidelity along with wide bandwidth, and the SA-14S1 incorporates HDAM and HDAM SA2 devices. In addition to playback of CD, CD-R and CD-RW discs, the SA-14S1 also plays Super Audio CDs, and can playback multi-channel Super Audio CDs in stereo via the built-in downmixing function. The elegant remote control can also control the matching PM-14S1 reference grade digital integrated amplifier.
Marantz HDAM Technology
Compared to other disc players that employ multiple op-amp ICs, the SA-14S1 features our exclusive HDAM technology that employs dedicated modules featuring discrete components that together deliver wide dynamic range and fast slew rate for true wideband response.
High Current Power Supply
The power supply features a large high current toroidal power transformer that features OFC (oxygen free copper) secondary windings, along with high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes in the rectifier stage for the purest DC voltage output.
Reference Class D/A Conversion
In order to handle the widest range of disc and audio file types, the SA-14S1 incorporates the reference class DSD1972A digital-to-analog converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution, along with DSD decoding with Super Audio CDs. Two prevent interference between the various stages, the power supply, digital audio stage and analog audio stages each feature their own individual circuit boards. A variety of disc and file types are supported including music CDs and Super Audio CDs, as well as linear PCM, AAC, MP3 and WAV file types. Via the rear panel USB-B port, you can connect your computer and enjoy linear PCM decoding as well as DSD (direct stream digital) decoding via bitstream or DoP (DSD over PCM).
Along with the analog stereo outputs, there are also digital and coaxial outputs for connection to an external digital decoder or amplifier, and the SA-14S1 is also equipped with optical and coaxial inputs that allow you to use the player as a standalone digital audio convertor. There are remote control input and output jacks that let you connect the SA-14S1 to other compatible Marantz components, and an internal/external switch on the rear panel provides additional system control flexibility.
Convenient Front USB-A Port
Conveniently located on the front panel, the USB port lets you connect your favorite portable audio device as well as USB media, and the port features compatibility with the iPod, iPod touch and the iPhone which lets you enjoy direct digital connection for the utmost audio fidelity.
System Remote Control
The elegant remote control features an intuitive ergonomic layout, and is equipped with amplifier control functions that let you use a single remote control to operate the SA-14S1 and the matching PM-14S1 reference class integrated stereo amplifier.
Low Noise Fluorescent Display
The deluxe low noise fluorescent display features clear, easy to read alpha-numeric characters and is compatible with CD Text encoded music discs. There's a display control button on the remote control that lets you dim the display or even turn it off if you wish.
Dedicated Headphone Output
Connect your favorite headphones directly to the convenient front panel headphone jack, which also features its own variable volume control. The headphone circuit is designed to be compatible with the widest range of headphone types, and is compatible with lower impedance headphones as well.
Marantz Audio Advantage
High Quality Sound
- Wide-range, high-speed sound with analog audio circuits featuring exclusive Marantz HDAM-SA2 and HDAM modules
- Playback HD (High definition) content -Native playback of DSD files via USB Type B port: DoP (DSD over PCM)
- Asynchronous USB-B computer input with LPCM and DSD support (Sampling frequencies: 32/44.1/48/88.2/ 96/176.4/192 kHz[PCM], 2.8224MHz[DSD])
- New disc drive mechanism, to thoroughly suppress vibration
- New disc tray mechanism with Xyron FRP
- (Fiber Reinforced Plastics).
- USB-B “Ground/Signal” isolator for reduced noise and high-quality sound from connected computers.
- Clock jitter reducer generates a low-jitter output clock from a jittery external clock source
- Full discrete, high-quality headphone amplifier, featuring HDAM-SA2 and HDAM
- Selectable Digital Filter
- Digital to analog converter function with 3 digital inputs (USB-B, Coaxial, Optical)
- Total sound balance retuned with optimized components
- 192kHz/24bit high current audiophile D/A converter
- Oxygen Free Copper toroidal transformer (50 VA)
- Rigid chassis together with double layered bottom plate, aluminum die-cast chassis feet
- High purity gold plated copper RCA terminals
- Low noise LCD display
- Front panel USB-A port for iPhone®/iPod®or USB device digital to analog conversion and playback
- Down-mix stereo playback of multichannel Super Audio CD discs
- Super Audio CD, MP3/WMA playback
- System remote unit, controls both SA-14S1 CD player and PM-14S1 amplifier
- Auto standby, low power consumption in standby mode (less than 0.3W)
- Power supply: AC 120 V, 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 37 W,0.3 W (Standby mode)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 173/8” x 5” x 16.5”(inch) ,440 x 123 x 419 (mm)
- Wight: 32 lbs, 14.5 kg